Us Greekers

Us Greekers
Brian & I at the Rio-Antirio Bridge

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Welcome December

I can't believe it is already December!  These last 3 months have really flown by.  I feel lucky that we have had the chance to see so much since we have been here and I know the next 4 months that I am here are going to be even more packed with activities.  I go home on Monday and am so excited, but sad to leave Brian.  The house will be very quiet without Marco and I!  He will either love it or hate it :-).  The town has decorated the streets and shops for Christmas time and I love it.  Some of the apts. also hang decorations from their balconies.  I love this time of year!

This past weekend Brian's team played a team from Crete.  They needed to win, and by a lot, so I think everyone was a little nervous.  Fotis came up to me before the game and said, we need to be up 10-5 from the very beginning.  I was sure the boys could do it.  It turned out to be very close to 10-5 and they won 13-7.  Brian scored 4 goals and pretty much dominated the whole game!  He and some other players missed some shots, so they could have been up even more, but Brian definitely showed everyone what he was capable of.  It was an exciting game!  This Saturday is going to be the biggest game of the year against their rival NEP.  I think the stands will be packed.  Keep your fingers crossed that NOP wins!

There was also a street fair in front of the big cathedral.  It was the anniversary of the crucifixion of the Saint of the Cathedral so there was some sort of celebration.  We walked down the fair where they were selling everything from toys to jewelry to candy.  It was right in front of the park where we tried to take Marco the week before and this time there were other people there with their little dogs, so I got excited.  We let him run around for a bit, he mostly just wanted to roll around in the grass :-).  On Monday he got his final shots and his pet passport for the big trip!  He also got a micro-chip put in him b/c they require that here.  The needle was HUGE and I felt so bad for him!  I couldn't look.  Luckily Brian was brave and held on to him.  I just heard him yelp but then he was ok.  But now he is registered here in Greece and he is legal!  He will be quite the little traveling companion :-).

No comments: