Us Greekers

Us Greekers
Brian & I at the Rio-Antirio Bridge

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bozukia






We finally got our Internet back!  I have been restricted on the number of TV shows I can download.  Hopefully we won't have any more problems because it was a BIG pain and kept me from blogging about all of the fun things we have been doing!  First off, we finally made it to Bozukia.  Quite the event.  I almost didn't make it b/c we didn't leave until midnight and I am still not quite motivated to go out past let's say 11pm but Brian reminded me that this might be his one and only chance to go, since they start games soon, so I rallied!  I'm glad I did too b/c it was a lot of fun.  When we drove up to the building I had a strange feeling that I was walking into a cult-like ceremony and for some reason had butterflies in my stomach!  The building was large, with a neon sign, kind of like a strip joint, haha.  When we walked in I was shocked by how huge the place was.  There was a stage in the middle and tables that sit 8-10 surrounding it, almost like a wedding.  It was definitely not what I was expecting.  There were already performers on the stage singing and dancing, but the place was practically empty.  We were seated at our table and I immediately got into the show b/c the singer was a girl singing American pop songs!  I was so happy!  After a few minutes the waitress came over and dumped three plates of carnations on our table (as you can see in the pic).  Singer after singer came on stage.  They were all great singers but the ones you like the best you are supposed to chuck carnations at, kind of a funny concept.  Brian and I felt a little awkward about the flower chucking, especially since almost every time someone threw flowers the singer would come over to the table and sing to them.  They also came over to sing to their friends and the guys we were with knew quite a few of the singers so we had them coming over to our table often :-).  Towards the end they started playing the traditional Greek songs.  Bozukias are the guitar like instruments you see in the picture.  There were two men playing these and then some other musicians.  We had fun listening to the music and throwing flowers at each other and eventually made it home around 3am.  It was a fun night but very expensive so we don't know if it is worth going again.  But we're glad we can now say we went to Bozukia!

No comments: