Us Greekers

Us Greekers
Brian & I at the Rio-Antirio Bridge

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Welcome October


Anita has left =(.....it was so fun having her here!  I hope she had fun.  These pictures are from the night that we went to dinner at this restaurant called W here in Patra.  There are two W's.  There is a summer one in Rio and a winter one here in downtown Patra.  The summer one is really cool because it is on the street in Rio overlooking the bridge.  It is all outside and is much bigger then the indoor one.  This was the first time we had been to the indoor one because it is only open in the winter.  It is much smaller, and since it is indoors, much smokier.  We went with a bunch of the guys (and guy's gf's) from the team.  It took about 2hrs to get our food, resulting in about a 1am dinner.  I don't know if I'll ever get used to these late dinners.  I can't sleep afterwards!  The food was really good but we were so exhausted by then I don't think we enjoyed it as much.  In these pictures we are drinking Tedura snaps.  We wanted Anita to try it out before she left.  Tedura is a very typical Greek drink.  They drink it here to help with digestion after meals...but I think that is just an excuse :-).  It is a very cinnamonny and pretty sweet and I can't drink very much of it but Anita was a trouper and drank a whole glass!

Now that Anita is gone I have to start getting back into the swing of finding things to do.  Right now I am coming down with a cold or something so I am resting and drinking lots of fluids and Emergen-C to try to fight it.  Next weekend we go to Vugliameni for another tournament so that should be fun, don't want to be sick for that!

No comments: